Biomet Microfixation HTR-PMI:
Patient Matched Implants in as little as 18 Days.
Biomet Microfixation Hard Tissue Replacement/Patient Matched Implant, or HTR-PMI, is a technology-driven, custom implant designed to achieve cosmesis while remaining simple to use clinically.
The unique process of developing an HTR-PMI implant converts patient CT-Scan data into 3-D images. These images are used to create anatomical models, which are then used to build the custom HTR-PMI implants.
- HTR has a rigidity (hardness) similar to bone.
- HTR allows soft tissue and bone ingrowth. Therefore, it will be more stable once implanted.
- HTR has a 250-500 micron pore size, ideal for tissue vascularization and integration.
- HTR is proven as biocompatible, with very low infection rates reported.
- HTR is hydrophilic, which enables antibiotic impregnation pre-operatively and vascular flow post-operatively.
Features and Benefits
- Implants are shipped sterile, saving time prior to surgery.
- Implants may be soaked in antibiotic solution.
- Implants can be easily contoured intra-operatively using a standard craniotomy burr.
- Pre-plating option available with our standard 1.5 neuro system or our .03mm ThinFlap plate and screw system.
- Online viewing available
The correction of cranial defects resulting from trauma, infection and congenital conditions